You need not disclose your identity to us in order to use this website. Whenever you visit a page on our site, we will identify this as a ‘hit’, however, unless you are registered user, it will not be personally identifiable to you and will only be used to compile information internally about the number of hits our website has received.
We will collect and maintain certain personal information about you, which you provide voluntarily when completing any of our online forms or send us an e-mail. The information you provide can identify you individually and includes items such as your name and e-mail address and will be used to send requested information and respond to enquiries made.
If you register online with our website we will collect information on which pages on the website you visit.
When you register with our website we may place a ‘cookie’ on your computer. This enables us to make the site as convenient as possible for you by remembering your logon, if you so choose, and pre-populating forms with your details. Cookies also enable us to gather information about the secured section usage to help us improve the content, usability and functionality of the website.
Cookies cannot be used to get or view data from your hard drive, or to gather information about you that you have not entered yourself.
What kinds of information do we hold?
During the course of carrying on our business, we may collect personal information. We usually collect the following kinds of personal information:
- name, address, occupation, professional membership and contact information;
- interests in areas of investment; and
- information about people’s dealings with us or our affiliates.
If you do not give us any of the personal information which we ask you for, it may affect our ability to meet our obligations to you.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and related purposes (which are normally obvious when we collect it), including to:
- provide our services to you, to manage and account for the services, and to improve the services;
- manage our relationship with you;
- provide you with information about events or other products or services that may interest you; and
- facilitate our internal business operations, including to fulfil our legal requirements.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
- on a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business; and
- as required by law, as permitted under the National Privacy Principles and/or with your consent.
For the avoidance of doubt, we may use and disclose your personal information in jurisdictions other than the one in which it was collected.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All employees with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Access and correction
You may request access at any time to personal information we hold about you. We may charge you a fee where access is provided. We may refuse to provide access if the Privacy Legislation allows us to do so.
All requests for access/corrections to your personal data should be directed to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com